Friday, December 12, 2003

Up, Up and Away....The ESL Squirrels Are On Attack.

Yesterday I was the hero of the flight. Our simulated flight hit volcanic ash at 35,000 ft and all 4 engines on the Airbus 340 cut out. The drama….Us in the cabin had to prepare the passengers for a possible ditching in the ocean. Putting on life vests, moving people to unmanned exits and briefing them on what to do, briefing the blind passenger, briefing the hearing impaired passenger, looking after the kids. The cocks in the pit (actually there was a cunt up there so now what do I call it?) were able to re-start the engines and the power came back. They could not see out the flight deck windows as they were covered in ash and they had to let silicone sally land the plane. We eventually landed and then had to evacuate the simulator. It was all terribly exciting. I needed a cigarette afterwards to calm my nerves but instead we got dragged to a classroom for a debriefing of the simulation. I was commended for my passenger briefings and my oral abilities to shout at people. I’m such a fucking star it kills me. This year, the training was all about life vests so I think I’ll have fun with some on the plane tomorrow and take some pictures….

After the training I went to TorontoBoi’s house for a coffee. His head squirrels tend to act up over the holiday season and today they seemed to have magically turned into beavers – with big tails. You see, he met this guy (ESL – English Second Language), they dated and they broke up and then became good friends. Now he’s totally in love with ESL. When his ESL comes over they snuggle on the couch together and sleep together but do not touch one another. No slap and tickle..nothing…nada. He has not idea about ELS’s feelings as ESL can’t understand English and just nods. (joking). Really though, ESL tends to just agree to things instead of voicing his opinion so how do we find out if ESL loves TorontoBoi?…the drama.

TorontoBoi is looking for a place to live and is having trouble finding the palace that he deserves downtown. It’s all too expensive and he refuses to live in the closet once again. The topic of “Suburban-Urban” neighbourhoods came up and we both agree that Bloor West village fits that criteria. It’s got the restaurants, the shopping, the aesthetician, the yoga studios, starbucks, liquor stores, fine food stores, etc. No night life so one would have to ride the Bloor vomit comet to the downtown core to see any action. This is my stomping ground and we both agreed that it’s much nicer then living in the gay-ghetto.

We discussed my relationship and the fact that I’ve seemed to have settled down. My squirrels are hibernating and rarely peek their heads out lately. We both agreed that the funeral of my close friend’s partner sent me into orbit and made me withdrawal a bit into protective mode. It made me realize that what I have is amazing. I love my partner, and he loves me. I don’t want to loose him. We live a great life together and I really cherish what the two of us have built. What more could someone ask for? Sure – I’m still having issues with the sexual attraction part of our relationship but I think I can work through this. The foreplay is boring and I know every trick in his bag so I find myself thinking about knitting or something to pass the time until the real action begins. I hear this is normal for couples that have been together as long as us (working on 12 years now). I know why I had my one or 2 extracurricular activities as Dr. Melfi helped me uncover these in therapy. I’m beginning to live my life the way I want to, and always being considerate to my partner’s feelings and the way he chooses to live his life. I will no longer project my feelings on him. I will not feel bad that he chooses to stay at home while I choose to go wiggle my bootie in the ghetto. I will strive maintain an equal balance of "us" and "me" in our relationship.

Tomorrow I’m off for a LAXative layover on Saturday and SFO layover on Sunday. My shopping date backed out on me so I’m off to shop on my own in Frisco. BOOO!

Here’s my flight Schedule for those of you that like to track my silver bird as I jet across the continent a few times:

Saturday – AC791 YYZ-LAX A321 service (Toronto to Los Angles)
(there had better be some celeb on this one for me to haunt)

layover 18 hours

Sunday – AC575 LAX-YVR A319 service (Los Angles to Vancouver)
AC545 YVR-SFO A319 service (Vancouver to San Francisco)

Layover for 16 hours

Monday AC758 SFO – YYZ A319 service (San Francisco to Toronto)
AC826 YYZ-BOS A320 service (Toronto to Boston)
AC827 BOS-YYZ A320 service (Boston to Toronto)